Saturday, April 23, 2011

Batteries

Replacing the battery in my "little Machine" (Small, portable, Laptop computer), I'm reminded that "back in the 80's," we used to get Hernias packing about enough Double A's to run our Sony Walkman(r)'s

Now, I get hernias when I pack to go away for a weekend. Being an "old" person, I have all my charging cords labelled. "A's Cell Phone Cord", "A's little Computer Cord", "A's I-Pod Cord"

I have a packing list (actually, 2 packing lists; one for "Overnight" and one for "Longer" ). Listed on both are "do you have all your cords?" and "Did you remember your PJ's" (I admit, that's lame: But, if it isn't written down, I have to buy PJ's wherever I am)

I am thankful that "somebody" thought of making or inventing rechargeable batteries that would fit into each little machine I carry.  Carrying Cell Phone, I-Pod, and Small Laptop, I am truly grateful I don't have to carry double or Triple A's for them.
UPDATE
April 27, 2014
Last Christmas, Mike bought me an I-Pad Mini. Very useful little thing. Mike has gotten a "regular sized" I-Pad because he was "surfing the internet" on my Mini.  So, he was insistent on getting on for himself. For Christmas, I'd bought him an I-Pod for music. (And a case to hold it in: otherwise, he'd drop it and lose it.) I also bought him a case for the I-Pad. He's really enjoying it.Something that he's done is put The Bible (KJV) and "My Utmost for His Highest" books on it. The I-Pads are very user friendly, and he is learning quite easily what he can and cannot do on his. He's not much of a gamer, so he hasn't even put a solitaire game or any game on it. But he has a "Google Search Engine" application on it as well. He's finding he's enjoying being able to look on line at motorcycles and the like
The rechargeable batteries in the I-Pads are charged with a totally different cord end than the one that they've used since they first started. I think it's rather unfortunate. I have several of the one that's on the left side of the pic, and only one of the one on the right. But, they're all good. No matter which one you have to use, it's still better than getting hernia's carrying double-a's.

No comments:

Post a Comment